(248) 619-0065


Offices in New York

And Michigan

Mon - Fri | 9 - 6

Sat & Sun Closed.


E-1 Treaty Traders Visas

The E-1 nonimmigrant visa is for nationals of a country with which the United States of America maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation.

The following are examples of trade between the USA and a treaty country: goods, services, internal banking, insurance, technology, transportation.

The nonimmigrant must come to the USA in order to trade solely on his or her behalf or be an employee of the Treaty Trader. The E-1 Visas are available to those already legally in the USA and those who wish to come to the USA.

If the person is in the USA and wishes to change status, he/she may file an I-129 to apply for an adjustment of status.

Furthermore, in order to qualify as an employee of a treaty trader, the potential employee must be the same nationality as the alien employer and meet other stipulations of an employee under the law.

The individual granted an E-1 Visa is only authorized to work for/in the activity for which he/she was approved at the time the E-1 Visa status was granted. Lastly, the E-1 Treaty Traders Visa allows for an initial stay of a maximum of two years.

Though, there are no limits of the number of extensions that may be granted.

Additionally, E-1 Visa holders may come accompanied with his/her family.

The family members eligible for such classification are spouses and unmarried children who are under the age of 21.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *